Plasma - An Atari 2600 VCS Demo
Release: Nordlicht 2016, 7th place in Gravedigger compo.
- Download the demo only:
plasma.zip (Size: 98575; Date: 2016-07-03, 19:39 CEST)
You'll probably need an emulator to watch this demo.
I suggest using Stella.
- Easy shot, a bundle for Windows:
plasma_Windows.zip (Size: 1068490; Date: 2016-07-03, 20:30 CEST)
- Source code:
plasma.7z (Size: 7683; Date: 2016-07-03, 19:41 CEST)
- code and all the rest
This demo a just one effect with 256 variations, like the early VCS games also
has quite a couple of variations. It was coded to test production of a
Valuable lesson learned: the old style cartridge label look better than the
new style (silver) ones. Controls are:
- Left difficulty switch: 50/60 Hz
- Right difficulty switch: PAL/NTSC color palette
- Color/BW switch: enable/disable sound
- Select button or left joystick up/down: select high nibble (effect type)
- Start button or left joystick left/right: select low nibble (seed type)
- Left joystick fire button: automated effect and seed type switch
- Right joystick fire button: easter egg (showing only on effect type 0)